- 500 g (1 lb) salmon filet (without skin)
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 6 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- Combine soy sauce, honey, miso paste, ginger and garlic in a bowl and whisk well.
- Place marinate and Salmon Filet in a Ziplock bag and refrigerate and marinate everything for at least 30 minutes or over night.
- I prepare something looking like a boat out of aluminium foil but of course you can also line a pan wit foil.
- Preheat a heavy pan with just a tiny bit of peanut oil. Once your pan is extremely hot sear the top of the salmon for about 1 minute or until you have a nice crust.
- Immediately transfer your salmon to your prepared aluminium foil boat. Flip salmon so the crisp side is faced up.
- Bake your salmon in your preheated oven by 180 C (350 F) for 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness). Baste salmon with the sauce half way through.
- Pour marinate out of the Ziplock bag into a sauce pan. Bring sauce over medium high heat to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes until reduced.
- Serve Salmon with reduced sauce.